Today we would discuss how to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D with OMLC3 Honeycomb 3.2 version Firmware. It has 7.0 inches, TFT Capacitive Touch Screen, Multi-touch Input Method, Touch-sensitive controls, Swype text input, Digital compass, Light Sensor, 5.0 MP rare Camera, Browser, Android OS, v2.2 Honeycomb, 1200 MHz processor, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, 3D Graphics Hardware Accelerator, Flash Player, TV-out, Video & Music Player. This update fixes almost all the basic features related to Wi Fi and Bluetooth tethering. This is an official update from neither Samsung nor Docomo. Please note that this update should only be applied to the devices which are latched on to the docomo’s network and should have the model number as SC 01D. Let’s check out the procedure.
Read our full article to know the installation procedure:
Pre-Requisites for OMLC3 Rom:
1. Charge your battery up to 80% so no power issue occurs while in installation.
2. Backup all your necessary data’s. It is very necessary you can take help from our tips4tech backup guide. Just simply type backup Android on search box.
3. Now, disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall as they generally used to interrupt the program at running stage.
4. Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
5. No need to root your device. Read the note below carefully.
6. Download OMLC3 Rom package.
7. Download Odin tool
Step by step guide for installing OMLC3 Rom on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D:
Step1. Extract the above downloaded files into your desktop.
Step2. Now, from extracted file open the Odin in your PC.
Step3. Turn off your Galaxy Tab so as to enter the tab in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy Tab can be entered by Press Volume Down button and then holding this rocker key, turn ON the tab by pressing the Power button after which the phone will be turning ON in the Download mode.
Step4. Now, you need to select the “Downloading” option and press the Power button to enter the same. As soon as the device is entered in the Download Mode, you will have to connect the tab with the computer using the Original USB cable.
Step5. Now, in the Odin the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which means you are now connected.
Step6. Click on “PDA” section on Odin and select the firmware file on your PC.
Step7. After selecting, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update.
Step8. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the tablet will be rebooted on its own.
Step9. As usual after this you will see the home screen; you can disconnect the device from the computer.
Step10. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
That’s it you have updated firmware successfully on your Galaxy Tab.
Note: if the firmware process fails in the middle of the process repeat the same process again.[/box]