Samsung Wave Bada OS 1.2 update
The bada 1.2 update for the first bada based phone is available but its only to the unlocked Europe. So if you want to update to the bada 1.2 then you can check the given guide as it is still not available for your phone (Asia).
Whats new in Samsung Wave bada 1.2
1. The overall performance is fast
2. Smoother scrolling
3. Dolphin browser updated
4. T9 trace typing method (swipe)
How to update Samsung Wave to Bada OS 1.2
Things to be done before staring update
1. Check your firmware version and the code (in case you want to downgrade to official firmware for warranty)
firmware is in setting>about phone>system info>device
2. Do not flash if the phone is not unlocked
Download the firmware from link below:
Samsung Bada 1.2 Update (s8500XXJID) 194.34MB
what you need to do on PC
1.Copy above downloaded file to desktop
2. Extract it ( password: samfirmware.com )
3. Run multiloader
4 Select lsi
5. Check -fulldownload
6. Select the files from folder just extracted with corresponding names
preparing phone for flash
1. Power off your device
2. Remove sim and memory card
3. Reinsert battery
4. Hold the volume down+lock+power key (after few second it will show “Download”)
5. Connect your phone through usb
6. Now multiloader will find the port of your phone
7. To be sure click port search it should show [LISMORE]8.Now click download
(do not interrupt the phone will reboot normally after completion)
9. Finally do a factry reset by typing code “*2767*3855#”
There is a easier method for non techie peoples:
Step I: Download the latest version of Samsung Kies from official site of Samsung Kies. The latest version of Kies is: Kies_188.8.131.5244.
You can download it from here: Samsung Kies Download Link
Step II: Open Samsung Kies and connect your Samsung Wave with PC (Wait for driver installation, if you have attached your phone for the first time with your pc)
As soon as Kies will detect your phone it will offer a prompt of new firmware update available, see the screenshot below
Click on UPDATE button
Step III: Now you will face a window of ‘Agree to the Terms and Conditions.” You can choose the option of save and don’t save the information. This option is that, Samsung will store your information of IP and hardware specifications on their servers for 2 years. It is totally dependent on you, which you want to choose.
We would like to recommended you to choose “Allow saving”
Hit START UPGRADE button
Step IV: It is strongly recommended not to disconnect your phone from PC until the upgrading process is complete. So take care of it.
Within few minutes (depends upon the speed of your internet connection). Upgrading process will move on and will complete successfully.
Note: Don’t use any options on your phone, while the upgrading process is taking place, your phone will be restarted.
We are easy to search!
- yhs-default, samsung s8500 update, gt-s8500 update firmware camera, Dolphin browser for samsung wave gts 8500, persian language for bada 2