Today, every Android users want the latest version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on there smartphone because of there latest capabilities and functionalities. But you have to wait for few more months as this will be rolled out in the next few months. In this due article we are presenting you that how you can easily apply the beta leaked version of the Ice cream sandwich on your phone. This update comes as a great respite for all those who were eagerly waiting for the update. In an unfortunate event, LG still doesn’t have the time frame by when they will be coming up with the update but not to worry as we are here to come out with regular updates for your device. This Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Android firmware comes with the King 3D ROM who is the developer of this Custom Firmware. This is not an official firmware and is no way related to the official firmware launched by LG Electronics.
Please note: this is the beta release of the update and not the Official version of the firmware. Be informed that in the process of applying this firmware update, you will have to root the device which will void the warranty.
It is very important to enable the USB debugging in your device. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path USB Debugging can be enabled from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. It is very important to root the device before proceeding or else you won’t be able to update ICS on LG Optimus 3D.
Don’t forget to back up your data. If you have synced the device with a Google account, then the contacts, calendar, Gmail, & select other Google-related data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. However, you should backup anything you want to keep that is not stored on the SD card:
- SMS/MMS messages,
- Call Log,
- Applications; use Titanium Backup or the Astro File Manager, for example,
- Any application data not on the SD card.
It would also be a good idea to backup everything stored on the SD card in the rare case the SD card must be formatted to resolve any major problems.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible if anything happens to your device in the process of this firmware update which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article.
Procedure to update Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 on LG Optimus 3D:
- First of all you have to download the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Firmware Zip to your computer. Once it’s downloaded, you will now need to proceed to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now after downloading, you need to copy this downloaded zip file as it to your phone without modifying or renaming the file. Once you copy the same, you now need to download the ROM Manager application in your phone.
- The ROM Manager can be installed from the Android Market Place. Now, once you downloaded and installed the ROM Manager application, you need to open the same and then select the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery” to flash the same.
- Once you are done with this, you now need to create a backup of your current ROM which you can do by selecting the option of “Backup Current ROM” in the ROM Manager so that you can then revert back to the Stock original version just in case if you face any issues with the new Ice Cream Sandwich ROM as its in the beta stage.
- After this select the option of “Install ROM from SD Card” and then you will have to choose the zip file of “IceCREAMSandwich4.0_for_LGOptimus3D_KingROM” after which the process of the firmware update will be commencing.
- After a period of around 5 – 8 minutes, the firmware update process will be finished and then you will see that the device will be restarted on its own, if not then you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu and then choose to “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
- Just in case if you are facing issues like the Force Close errors then you need to select the options Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Cache partition and then choose reboot system now to restart the phone and to enjoy this all new firmware.
In this way your LG optimus 3D will be upgraded to new Ice Cream Sandwich. If you get any problem then reply us through comment section.
We are easy to search!
- yhs-ddc_bd, IceCREAMSandwich4 0_for_LGOptimus3D_KingROM