The Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 now has been leaked online and now ready to download. This firmware XXKS2 is the first android 2.3.5 based firmware for galaxy gio. This new update also brings the improvement over the older version of Android 2.3.4 and also fixes some problem.
This update is still not released over kies, in order to install it we will need a pc and a small software called Odin. Installing firmware on samsung phones using Odin is piece of cake so don’t worry just follow each step and power your galaxy gio with android 2.3.5 gingerbread
Disclaimer:Follow this process on your risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked, tips4tech.net will be not responsible. We are only responsible to give support.
1. Download firmware and required things
- Download pc driver
- Odin for galaxy gio from this link 1 | Link 2 | link 3
- GIO_v1.0.ops file from this link
- android 2.3.5 xxks2 firmware | Password = samfirmware.com
- Any Archive (.zip / .rar) file extractor, usually pc owners have this tool . In case you don’t have any use 7zip archive extractor
2. Preparing galaxy gio before Installing android 2.3.5
- Go to settings>>applications>>development and enable usb debugging
- Follow this essential guide to preparing your Android phone before upgrading / installing firmware
Check your phone compatibility settings > about phone .
Charge your phone
Remove SIM and SD card
For Rooted Users: If you have rooted phone or using any custom ROM Then you will have to clear cache and wipe data which can done by booting your phone in recovery mode and select Wipe data/factory reset and also select wipe cache partition (To boot in recovery press middle + power on key in switch off mode)
3. Installing android 2.3.5 XXKS2 Firmware Update
- First extract SAMSUNG_USB.rar and install drivers on pc
- Extract Firmware files on safe place, you will get some .tar files , please don’t extract .tar files
- Run S5570_Odin Multi Downloader v4.42.exe as administrator (in window 7 right click and select Run as administrator
- Make sure Auto Reboot and Protect OPS options in Odin are checked and don’t touch any other option
- Click on OPS tab and select GIO_v1.0.ops
- After selecting OPS File, other tabs under “Select Images to download” section will appear. Then
Click on BOOT tab and select APBOOT_S5660XXKS2_CL597529_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5 file
Click on PDA tab and Select CODE_S5660XXKS2_CL597529_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5 file
Click on PHONE tab and Select MODEM_S5660XXKS2_CL597529_REV03.tar.md5 file
Click on CSC tab and Select GT-S5660-MULTI-CSC-OXXKS2.tar.md5 file
Leave EFS blank
- Switch off your phone and wait some time
- Press & hold volume down and middle key and while holding both press power on key , it will boot your galaxy gio in download mode
if your phone is unable to boot in download mode don’t proceed to next step ,please try again until it boot in download mode
- in download mode connect your phone to pc
- Just after connecting, ID:COM section in Odin will turn yellow and in message boxes “ADDED” appears, this is sign of successful connection between pc and your phone
- Now you are ready to start firmware installing process , so click on “START” Button.
Do not disconnect the cable and do not turn off the device, when flashing process will complete you will see a blue pass button in Odin , it will reboot when it finishes. Now you have successfully installed android 2.3.5 gingerbread XXKS2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy gio S5660
[Credit : AndroidFlip]
We are easy to search!
- ROM S5660 S5660XXKS2 2 3 5 Multi rar