Best 5 Video Playing apps for Android
The DoubleTwist mobile player is tasked with syncing your music, videos, and podcasts to and from your desktop and your Android phone. The app lets you find songs by artist, album, title, or playlist. There are also shortcuts for synced videos and podcasts. The player then spins your picks, giving you basic controls to pause, skip, and shuffle. DoubleTwist Player can also import your iTunes playlists, ratings, and play counts. This app is being actively developed, so expect several twists and turns in its behavior from time to time.
* Added the ability to retrieve missing album art for your doubleTwist mobile library. Requires in-app upgrade using Android Market In-App Billing (which requires the latest Android Market version). Note: if your songs already contain embedded artwork, doubleTwist will continue to display that artwork, whether you upgrade or not.
* Artwork is now displayed at full resolution, whereas previously it was displayed at 250x250px for all artwork.
* Fixed numerous minor bugs.
Real Networks has announced a substantial update to the beta version of RealPlayer for Android, which was launched last May. The new RealPlayer beta is available right now on the Android Market, and includes a visual refresh as well as new features, including playlist support and a homescreen widget.
Real Player for Android has a nice interface and the app looks pretty promising. It is an all-in-one player which allows users to listen the stored music albums, music videos and photo albums too. One can view photos as a slideshow and opt to play a background music to improve the viewing pleasure. It recognizes all the Playlists from the stock media player and lists music in 4 heads namely: Albums, Artists, Genres and Songs.
ArcMedia for Android is a media player for Android with additional format support extensive container or codec base, including avi, divx, mkv, mov, mp4, rmvb, wmv, vob, and xvid. arcMedia can also play streaming videos from DailyMotion, YouTube, and other similar sites.
What’s new in this version: Version 1.9 fixed bug with (un-optimised) player in version 1.8, added new feature media downloader – stream or download content directly from popular sites, and includes browser plugin.
- Supported Video Formats: asf, avi, mkv, mov, mp4, rmvb, wmv
- Supported Audio formats: mp3, ogg, wav, wma
- Codes Supported: aac, ac3, divx, flv4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, PCM, RealVideo, Vorbis, xvid
- Based on the FFmpeg project (that’s where libraries used in the app come from, actually!)
- It’s a beta version, new features are being added (as claimed by the developer)
mVideoPlayer is a free video player that lets you watch mp4, m4v and 3gp files on your android phones.mVideoPlayer makes it easy to add subtitles to your video files too – just add the SRT file to the folder where your video is kept, and it will automatically play with subtitles.
- Subtitle Support: srt, ssa, ass, mpl, smi, txt, sub sami.
- Internal MKV Subtitle (srt, ssa, ass), ONLY usefull on devices that supports playback of MKV.
- On-screen information such as time and battery.
- Responsive, intuitive controls.
- Built-in subtitle search powered by OpenSubtitles.org, download and pair a subtitle with a video in less than 10 seconds.
- Video library with movie posters & inbuilt poster search.
- Imdb.com search, view information about your movie fast and easy directly within the app.
- Two themes: Dark and Light
- Three listing opions: With posters, thumbnails or clean & simple.
- A lot of options for you to tweak to make the app fit your needs perfectly.
MoboPlayer is a software that provides high-quality playback for your audio and video file, it’s run on mobile devices. It allows you to play almost all multimedia formats on mobile devices, which let you experience digital life on a whole new level. The current version of MoboPlayer needs to run on Android 1.6 or later, in order to make better use of the CPU capacity, we have optimized and built three different versions, for higher, medium and lower mobile phones.
Added: support sound channel switch and mute
Added: pop-up prompt when media directory didn’t set
Added: prompt when load dynamic library exception
Added: help us dialog
Modified: color selection interface more easy to use
Modified: show “help us” when firstly use
Fixed: some devices FC when start, scan or sort file